FNO: Vancouver May12th

Event announcements and discussions

Moderators: Jeff Rowland, CZVR Admin Staff, Facility Engineer

Jeff Rowland

FNO: Vancouver May12th

Post by Jeff Rowland » 26 Apr 2017, 21:45

Hello all. The Vancouver FIR controllers invite you to come and enjoy the beautiful British Columbia scenery. Vancouver International will have full ATC service for this Friday Night Ops event starting at 23:59 Zulu on Friday May 12th. Come and enjoy Canada’s pacific coast!

Preferred arrivals:
From Northwest – Whistler 4 RNAV
From Northeast – Canuck 4 RNAV
From South – Grizz 5 RNAV
From Oceanic – Ragit2/Shark9 RNAV

Scenery options:
Orbx Pacific Northwest available at https://orbxdirect.com/
CYVR by FSDreamTeam available at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/

Jeff Rowland

Re: FNO: Vancouver May12th

Post by Jeff Rowland » 26 Apr 2017, 22:04

Hold your breath CZVR FIR we are plunging into the deep end. Signups for this event will come out shortly after Saturdays event and we get some time to do a lessons learned on it.
Because most of our traffic will be continental US, probably 2 shifts of:
1-Ctr
1-App
1-Dep
1-Twr
1-Gnd
1-Del
A lot of the success for this event will hinge on experienced people on delivery, so if you have the time to do both shifts please consider doing a shift of delivery with a shift of Center or Terminal.
It should be fun!

Jeff Rowland

Post by Jeff Rowland » 30 Apr 2017, 19:45

Signups up!
Prefer S3 and higher for delivery.

Jeff Rowland

Post by Jeff Rowland » 03 May 2017, 09:23

I have removed an S1 from the delivery signups for this event. I would like an S3 or higher for this position as stated above. We need to process deliveries quickly, correctly and without anyone overseeing them.

That being said i need one of those S3, C1 or C3 people out there to step up and take the second shift of delivery. I have taken the first shift

Alex Watson

Post by Alex Watson » 03 May 2017, 15:38

I have taken the 2nd shift for delivery, I am also available for any positions in the first shift if something becomes available.

Jeff Rowland

Post by Jeff Rowland » 03 May 2017, 17:59

Thanks Alex. I'll let you know if something opens early shift

Jeff Rowland

Post by Jeff Rowland » 12 May 2017, 22:45

Thanks everyone for the great work tonight in the FNO. We had tons of traffic and it went relatively smoothly.

I have no idea when or if they will grant us another one, however if you want to post suggestions we will keep them for next time.

Again great work. Really good to see YVR staffed to 7 controllers for 4+ hours.

Jeff

EldonWilson

Post by EldonWilson » 15 May 2017, 09:18

I worked Centre for the first 2 1/2 hours of the event. It was awesome to see 7 controllers working in Vancouver. I cant remember in past 10 yrs that we were staffed like that. The only comment would be to have two centre positions, splitting the territory east/west so that one handles Booth are and other Keinn area. Since centre was also handling anything outside of the DEP and I/O APP, it was easy to loose track of "my" traffic among those with the vicinity of CYVR. I spent last 2 + hours on tower, and remind APP to space traffic a little wider and remember to keep the parallel landing at 45deg intervals. Over all huge success from my point of view.
If there were comments posted on the website regarding this event, would you be able to post them here.
Cheers
Eldon
CZVR C1 PPL CPL6
Eldon Wilson
CZVR C3 RW PPL (CPL6)